About DRLM Docs¶
DRLM Docs contains comprehensive documentation on the DRLM (Disaster Recovery Linux Manager). This page describes documentation’s licensing, editions, and versions, and describes how to contribute to the DRLM Docs.
For more information on DRLM, see About DRLM Project. To download DRLM, see the downloads page.
This documentation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (i.e. “CC-BY-NC-SA”) license.
The DRLM Manual is copyright © 2016 Brain Updaters, S.L.L.
Please, we encourage you to help us to improve this documentation.
To contribute to documentation the Github interface enables users to report errata or missing sections, discuss improvements and new sections through the issue-tracker at: DRLM Docs GitHub Issue Tracker.
The following features are supported on the most recent releases of DRLM. Anything labeled as (NEW!) was added as the most recent release.
Hot maintenance capability. A client backup can be made online while the system is running.
Command line interface. DRLM does not require a graphical interface to run. (console is enough).
Multiarch netboot client support (x86_64-efi, i386-efi, i386-pc)
Centralized backup scheduling
Installclient workflow (NEW!)
Parallel backups (NEW!)
Sqlite3 database backend (NEW!)
Error reporting support to:
- HP OpenView
- Nagios (NEW!)
- Zabbix (NEW!)
- Mail (NEW!)
DRLM Version 2.0.0 (July 2016) - Release Notes¶
- Multiarch netboot with GRUB2 - x86_64-efi i386-efi i386-pc - (issue #2)
- New installclient workflow (issue #5)
- Added support for systemd distros - RHEL7 CentOS7 Debian8 - (issue #14)
- Use bash socket implementation instead of netcat (issue #15)
- runbackup workflow enhacement with sparse raw images with qemu-img reducing backup time and improving management (issue #16)
- Added support for parallel backups on DRLM (issue #22)
- Added support for new DB backend sqlite3 (issue #23)
- Added support for Nagios error reporting (issue #28)
- Added support for Zabbix error reporting (issue #29)
- Added support for Mail error reporting (issue #30)
- Added timeout var for Sqlite in sqlite3-driver.sh for avoiding database locks.
- Added source of local.conf and site.conf files in drlm-stord
- Solved lots of bugs
- DRLM documentation updated to reflect version 2.0 changes
This documentation is under constant development. Please be patient...